Friday, April 22, 2011

Tips For A More Organised Handbag


I know that my bag has at times been so full of clutter that I have been too scared to put my hand in there just in case I was bitten by something poisonous!  We have all been guilty of it at one time or another.

Save yourself the embarrassment and frustration of having to tip the contents of your handbag out in public just so you can find your keys or your lipstick and declutter your hand bag today!

Step One: Empty the contents of your handbag onto the counter and clean the inside of your bag with a damp cloth.  Now is the perfect time to fix any tears in the lining and get rid of all the rubbish that you have accumulated in it. 

Step Two:  Organise your bag.  Now would also be a good time to purchase a bag organiser - you can get these from any storage store or even ebay.  They are a great investment and they will help you spend less time trying to find your lipstick.  Alternatively, you could use little containers or ziplock bags to categorise your essentials.  Assign spaces for everything that you need such as keys, makeup, phone, and other items.  This will make it much easier for your to maintain an organised bag.

Step Three:  Is it really necessary?  Do you carry items that you could perhaps store at the office such as make up, lipstick, spare pair of shoes?  Storing these items at the office will make more room in your handbag and make it lighter for you to carry.

Step FourClean your bag out on a regular basis - or better still - don't store junk or rubbish in it at all!  Take your receipts out and file them on a daily/weekly basis.  Make sure that you only keep what is absolutely necessary in your bag and it will save you time and stress in the long run.

1 comment:

  1. This is one reason I have one small hand bag that is only big enough to hold asthma puffer, medium purse, mobile phone,keys & those lovely monthly tampons then its full no more room.

    I love my small handbag doesnt take ages to clean out & doesnt get heavy with uneeded things.

    Sometimes I dont even take a handbag I'm more like a bloke, if my out fit has deep enough pockets everything goes in them meaning I dont need a handbag to take out.

    ahhhhhhhhh the simple things in life :-)

    (((( Hugs )))) XXXX Kisses XXXX

    ReplyDelete

Don't Be Shy! Brash And Sassy Would Love To Hear From You