Step One: Clean It Out
- Begin by pulling EVERYTHING out of the bathroom – this will make your sorting and cleaning process easier.
- Clean drawers and shelving.
- Dispose of creams, make up, hair products & various other products that you haven’t used for six months or more or have expired.
- Dispose (or take to your local pharmacy) of medications that have expired.
- Dispose of old razors and other items that you simply do not use any more.
Step Two: Create Extra Storage
- Only store what you use on a daily basis on (or near) the basin counter.
- Keep only what you absolutely need in the bathroom.
- Use a magazine rack for magazines.
- It can be a good idea if you have the space to assign a shelf, drawer or container for each family member to store their personal items in.
Step Three: Organise Your Space
- Group similar items together. For example, toothpaste, mouth wash, spare tooth brushes together; cosmetics, etc
- Make use of a shower caddy for your shower items such as body wash, shampoo, conditioner, etc.
- Hang your hair dryer on a hook to save on space
- Use wall mounted cabinets for extra storage space
- If you are short on space you can use shooks on the back of the bathroom door for bathrobes and towels
- Dedicate a drawer or make up container for your cosmetics.