- Is the gift actually "re-giftable"? Never ever regift handmade items, free promotional items. Gifts such as good bottles of wine, new household items are fine to regift.
- Check the quality of the gift. Only new and unopened items should be considered. Use the general rule: if you have to dust it off - it is *not* regiftable.
- Don't be tacky and re-gift to just give a gift - ensure that the recipient will appreciate the item. People like to believe the gifts that they receive were chosen with thought and care.
- Do update the wrapping and put a new gift card on the item.
- Don't forget where the gift originally came from. Keep a list of regifts with the name of who gave you the gift.
- Have you considered that an unwanted gift could be a welcome donation to a charity?
- Another option is to sell your gifts on eBay. You can use the proceeds from the sale of the unwanted gift(s) to buy real gifts.
Friday, December 17, 2010
Whether you want to admit it or not - we've all done it at one time or another - Re-gifting! It is a great way to save money - as long as it is done with thought and tact. If you are considering "re-gifting" this holiday season - consider the following points first: